Dark Chocolate Pumpkin "Brookie" Sandwiches by @emsswanston!
Dark Chocolate Pumpkin "Brookie" Sandwiches
We hope you're as excited for another tasty recipe from the master-baker Emma Swanston! Today she is sharing her recipe for uplifting brookies--brownie-cookies! These prebiotic treats are filled with pumpkin, dark chocolate, and of course, prebiotics from the Daily Uplifter!
1 egg - or flax egg
1/2 cup of almond butter
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil, melted and cooled
2 Tablespoons of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla
3/4 cup of almond flour/meal
1/4 cup of cacao
1/4 cup of monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2-1 teaspoon of instant espresso - optional to help enhance the richness of the chocolate
1 pinch of salt
For the filling:
1/2 cup of peanut (or almond) butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2-1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice mix - measure with your heart
a pinch of salt
1. Place egg, almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla in to a bowl and stir until smooth, creamy and well combined.
2. Add almond flour, cacao, instant espresso (if using), baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir to combine.
3. Now comes the hard part - place your cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill (or freezer for 10-15) DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP this is what helps your cookies maintain their shape and ensures they get that dreamy, fudgey, chewy, brookie texture!
Note - You can chill for longer then 30 minutes, you can even mix it up and leave over night if you like.
Once your dough has chilled - and you're ready to bake -
4. Preheat your oven to 175'C / 350'F line a baking tray with baking/parchment paper (or a silpat mat) and set aside.
5. Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion out your dough and roll into desired shape and size.
Note - they should not spread much so shape them roughly how you want to eat them.
6. Bake for smaller cookies for 6-8 minutes - larger cookies for 8-10
DO NOT OVER BAKE - they will still be slightly soft, that's what you want - set them aside for 2-3 minutes to cool - they will now be nice and chewy.
To make the filling:
1. Place all ingredients into a small bowl, stir to combine and set aside until your ready to use.
1. Place a heaping Tablespoon of your pumpkin spiced, peanut butter filling on to the middle of half of your cookies, gentle spread to the edges.
2. Top with another cookie, press to seal.
3. Drizzle with melted chocolate
4. Devour and enjoy!
Want more delicious recipes? Check out @emsswanston
on Instagram! You won't regret it.
Don't forget to tag us on Instagram at @upliftfood
whenever you use your Daily Uplifter in a recipe (purchase here
). We can't wait to see what you make!
In Good Gut Health,