Gut Healthy Prebiotic-Fiber Lamingtons
Emma from @emsswanston posted the most decadent looking gut healthy lamingtons in honor of Australia day! This authentic Australian sponge cake will give you daily dose of prebiotics in a delicious desert.
See below for the recipe!
**Makes 4 large, 6 medium or 8 minis
For the sponge cake:
2 Tablespoons of maple syrup
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil, melted and cooled
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tbsp of The Daily Uplifter (purchase here!)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
For the filling:
- 1 punnet of raspberries, roughly mashed or 1/4 cup of 100% fruit jam
- 1/4 cup vanilla yoghurt (Optional- 1 Tablespoon of all natural vanilla creamer
- 1 tsp of The Daily Uplifter (purchase here!) to make it extra creamy and load it with gut healing goodness
For the chocolate coconut coating:
- 1/4 cup coconut (or regular ) cream
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of instant espresso - optional
- 1 cup of finely shredded desiccated coconut for coating
For the sponge cake:
1. Preheat oven to 175'C (350'F)
2. Line (or grease and flour) a small loaf pan with baking/parchment paper and set aside it aside.
3. Place all ingredients for your sponge in to your blender or food processor and process until smooth, creamy and well combined
4. Pour cake batter in to your prepared tray and bake for 12-15 mins until the top spring back when gently when lightly pressed and a toothpick has just a few crumbs attached when inserted into the center
5. Set aside to cool
While your sponge cake is cooling prepare the chocolate coating:
1. Melt chocolate by your preferred method - I like to do mine on the stove, double broiler style but a microwave will work just fine too.
2. Add vanilla, espresso powder and salt then stir to combine.
3. Add the coconut cream to your espresso infused chocolate and stir until smooth and well combined.
1. Place coconut in a small plate or bowl, set aside.
2. Give yogurt, creamer, and the Daily Uplifter a quick stir so it's silky smooth.
3. Slice sponge in to desired shape/size.
4. Using 2 forks, toss each piece of sponge cake in your chocolate mixture, tap of any excess before tossing/sprinkling with coconut.
5. Set aside and repeat until all sponge slices are dipped in chocolate and dusted with coconut.
6. Pop them in the fridge (or freezer) for 5 minutes to chill/set.
7. Top 1/2 of your chocolate or coconut sponges with raspberries, a dollop of yoghurt (or whipped cream) and then finish with an extra piece of chocolate or coconut sponge cake.
Be sure to tag us on Instagram @upliftfood whenever you use your Daily Uplifter!
In Good Gut Health,